Face coverings, especially face masks, are required for everyone in the building. The latest info from the CDC states that face masks are more effective than face shields at containing and reducing the spread of respiratory particles in the air. See the CDC site for complete information. Everyone must sign the COVID-19 waiver.
What we know:
The virus is very contagious
The virus spreads through the air
Many infected people show no symptoms and can spread the virus
An infected person wearing a mask or shield is less likely to infect others
Physical distance provides additional safety
The Board of Directors of GKCDTC thanks you for your cooperation in caring about the health and safety of everyone.
Jackson County MO is in Phase 2.5 as of July 1 and was updated on August 20.
TRAINING CLASS Session 2 of 2021 starts the week of February 22nd. Registration is open. Scent Work classes have not been scheduled. Please check back for Scent Work class dates.
Face coverings are required for everyone’s safety.
Please see AKC’s Press Center information:
AKC has published Suggested Best Practices for dog sports. See the Press Center, COVID-19 Updates page.
Just for fun
“Longest Time – Quarantine Edition“, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpAKcQufacc
Performed by the Phoenix Chamber Choir in Vancouver BC
THE NEXT CLUB MEETING:
Due to the Jackson County order limiting gatherings to 10 or fewer people, all General Meetings have been canceled until further notice.
The Ugly Christmas Sweater contest will take place on Facebook. Additional info will be in the December Paw Prints newsletter.
The Greater Kansas City Dog Training Club Board of Directors meet the 2nd Thursday of each month at 6:30 PM.
Beginning June 1, the building will be cleaned on the first and third Monday of the month. Ring rental is not available while the building is being cleaned.
- AKC Titling Requirements have been temporarily amended for July 1 through December 31, 2020. Based on the Minutes from the Board of Directors Meeting on November 10, 2020, some of the recommendations have been extended and a pilot for Virtual Obedience Titling will be offered in 2021.
- Visit the latest Paw Prints newsletter
- AKC Obedience & Rally Judges, 10/28/2019 clarification.
- AKC Government Relations Dept — U.S. Dept of Transportation Clarifies the Use of Emotional Support Animals on Flights
- In memory of Paul Hansen.
- Watch current and past AKC events on AKC.TV, available on on your mobile device or computers at www.akc.tv and on Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and Roku.
- The Events Calendar
- Canine Influenza info